Orca Books Consignment Program
Search Here to Order a New Book
Orca Books is the largest independent bookstore in Olympia, Washington located in the heart of downtown’s vibrant shopping district. We stock new and used books, cards, and journals, and are proud to showcase a wide selection of works by local and self-published authors and artists through our consignment program.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- - Work that is self-published and/or not readily available from our wholesalers Baker & Taylor or Ingram (if the wholesaler discount is 35% or less).
- - Local authors (South Puget Sound).
- - Proofread, fully-edited work with little to no typographical errors.
- Work(s) should be priced at or below the cost of other books of its size and sort.
- Promotional material or publicity plans to help us determine if your work(s) have a market with our customers as well as longevity in our store.
HOW OUR PROCESS WORKS
All consignment inquires are best communicated through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays are the best days for potential works to be reviewed and processed immediately. These are also the best days to call with inquiries. Otherwise, please expect a time frame of about a week for us to complete the process and communicate back with you.
INTERESTED IN AN AUTHOR-SIGNING?
Orca Books is happy to host events for in-store readings and author signings for your consigned works and new releases. Please check out Events for more info.
Please review our sample contract below for full details on our consignment terms.