AMNH Birds of North America (Hardcover)
Search Here to Order a New Book
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The ultimate photographic guide to more than 650 species of bird found in North America.
Ideal for the armchair bird enthusiast or dedicated bird-watcher, this beautiful bird-watching book includes stunning full-color photographs of over 650 birds, revealing each species with unrivaled clarity. A lavish introduction describes bird characteristics and behavior, while stunning full-color photographs reveal individual species for easy identification. The 550 most commonly seen birds are pictured in clear, close-up photographs, with images of similar birds provided to make differentiation easy, from game birds and waterfowl to shorebirds and swifts to owls, hummingbirds, finches, and so many more.
Soar into the pages of this brilliant bird book to explore:
- 650 birds species found in the United States and Canada
- Bird profiles feature information on social behavior, nesting & feeding habits, and flight patterns.
- Full-color photographs show the adult bird in typical plumage, with male/female, juvenile, and seasonal variations
- Color-coded maps highlight resident and migratory distributions to help spotters discover which species to expect when and where
-Includes bird sound audio app for mobile phone use
- Produced in association with the American Museum of Natural History, one of the world’s leading authorities on ornithology
Discover which species to expect when and where with up-to-date, color-coded maps highlighting habitation and migratory patterns. The most commonly seen species are given a whole page in the species catalog and each full-page profile includes images of plumage variations, subspecies, information on similar birds, and artworks of the bird in flight that reveal their outstretched wings. Rare birds and vagrants who occasionally stray into North America are also described. With easy-to-read accessible information provided throughout, accompanied by beautifully large illustrations, AMNH Birds of North America is a must-have book for bird-watchers of all ages and experiences, and doubling up as the perfect bird-watching gift for the budder birder in your life.
About the Author
We believe in the power of discovery. That's why we create books for everyone that explore ideas and nurture curiosity about the world we live in.
From first words to the Big Bang, from the wonders of nature to city adventures, you will find expert knowledge, hours of fun and endless inspiration in the pages of our books.